My second low carb diet day is over! I’m going to briefly summarize what I ate in a little, but first, what a great day! I finished with on 111 carbs and 1350 calories! My calories were a little high, but I decided that for the first week it’s okay. If I don’t see results after a week or so is over, I will be more strict. It was not even difficult, that’s the best part! I also ran 3 miles this morning as my recovery run and felt fine doing it; so far so good on the running front!
It has been really easy on this diet to not snack. I basically ate 3 meals today, 1 snack, and two cups of iced coffee (my guilty sugar pleasure I refuse to give up). And I didn’t feel hungry in between. I’ve never been on a diet and not felt hungry, so this is an awesome bonus!
Summary of my diet today:
- Low Carb Egg & Sausage Tortilla Wrap (see “DAY ONE” post for recipe) 20 g carbs
- Vanilla Iced Coffee (made at home) 14 g carbs
- 1 cup watermelon 10 g carbs
- Mocha Coconut Protein Smoothie (I used Pure Protein whey powder since that is what was on sale at the grocery store 🙂 — I used unsweetened coconut milk, I did’t add the instant coffee, and instead of ice I added 2/3 cup frozen strawberries, and 1 packet Splenda. It was a little hard to sip through the straw, so I suggest using a handful or so of ice, or more coconut milk to smooth it out) 25 g carbs
- I split a Starbucks Trenta Vanilla Iced Coffee with the hubby while grocery shopping 12 g carbs
- Italian Sausage Meatballs with Fresh Herbs (5 meatballs, 430 calories) 2.5 g carbs
- Spaghetti Squash (I cannot recommend this enough, it is so wonderful! It has only 42 calories in 1 cup and it is virtually tasteless, so when you add the pasta sauce that’s all that you really taste. Great way to get your veggies in) with Trader Joe’s Garlic Marinara 20 g carbs
- The remainder of my carbs came from my gummy vitamins and fiber powder supplement I add to my drinks
And that’s it! My day was simple yet filling, and definitely full of delicious moments even though I’m eating low sugar, low carb. I’m just so pleased with Day Two!
*Also, a side note, my husband, who is also doing this diet, had a headache most of the day. He did a little research and read that he should try drinking more water. After drinking a glass he said he felt much better, so I will be sure to stay hydrated in the following days!