Why is it so hard to stop snacking?! Maybe because it’s been ingrained in my brain for years. Maybe because I work 5 feet from my kitchen (I work from home). Maybe because I’m a glutton for punishment in the form of tighter pants?! Either way, my brain revolves around food and it has GOT TO STOP!
I snoozed my alarm and skipped my run this morning. Instead, I’m going to run a few miles at the gym tonight and lift. I will hopefully run on Thursday morning, if it’s not pouring down raining!
My lower carb vanilla iced coffee (10 g carbs, 80 cal)
Lunch Smoothie – this smoothie kept me full for the whole afternoon! It was awesome! (12 g carbs, 285 cal):
- 1 cup almond milk // 1 tbps peanut butter // 2 cups spinach // 1 scoop chocolate whey protein // 5 coffee ice cubes (I froze extra coffee from the pot yesterday)
Dinner – Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers (this recipe is awesome simply because it uses cauliflower instead of rice in the peppers! Less calories, less carbs! i would add more salt more garlic to the recipe. it was too bland) *20 g carbs per pepper, ~325-375 calories per pepper, depending on size and amount of beef fit in. Add extra calories if you eat the extra meat!
- Ingredients: 1 lb ground beef // 1 lb ground pork // ½ head cauliflower, 2 carrots, 1 onion, grated // 4 cloves garlic // 1 tbsp oregano // 1 tbsp tarragon (which I didn’t have, so I used 1 tsp thyme) // Salt & pepper // 4 green peppers
- Directions: Mix all ingredients except peppers together
- Stuff peppers and cook them and the extra meat in a crock pot with 1 cup water for 7-9 hours.
- The peppers will fall apart a little, but mine were done after about 7 hours!
- Be generous with the salt! Mine were too bland.
I also had a mini omelet for a snack, with 1/2 cup egg whites, american cheese, and bacon.
The day is just about done and I’m still under 100 carbs (currently at 82)! I’m going to snack on some cantaloupe and call it a night.