I knew today’s run was going to be rough when I arrive at the trail and my stomach was growling…
Today I ran 11.5 miles. It was a decent run, averaging an 11:45 pace. I was supposed to do 13, but quit early after experiencing a very strange tingling in my left ankle around mile 10. I didn’t want to hurt myself and got nervous when I ran out of water…but when I had the ankle thing I just decided to quit.
I’ve got a sore hip after today’s run, which is a huge pain (no pun intended!). I feel like it comes when I run harder than normal. It usually goes away after 12-24 hours, so I’m sure I’ll be in tip top shape for my recovery run tomorrow morning, which I plan to do bright & early =)
I ate too many carbs today but I am okay with it. My carbs were not sugar based (except my gatorade and 4 energy gels I had during my run!), so that makes me feel better. I ate left over Almond Banana Pancakes with peanut butter on them for breakfast…perfect post run meal! Lunch was iced coffee, beef jerky, and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. And for dinner I made Chicken Cordon Bleu, and altered the recipe like this:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs OR panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 4 slices deli ham
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- tooth picks
- bacon grease or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set up a dredging station by whisking the egg, heavy cream and mustard together in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper. In a second wide, shallow dish combine bread crumbs and almond meal together.
- Season the chicken cutlets lightly on each side with salt and pepper. Place a slice each of swiss and ham (trim to fit the cutlet, if needed) over top and roll up beginning from the smallest end of the chicken. Secure with a toothpick or two. Repeat until they are all rolled up. Dredge one at a time by dipping into the egg and then into the bread crumbs using your hands to pat the crumbs on.
- Heat grase in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place in lightly greased pan and bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken.
325 calories // 8 carbs (for half a chicken breast)
I also made an awesome trail mix that has 1/3 cup dried fruit, 2 tbsp chocolate chips, 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup almonds, and 1/4 cup cashews. I’ve been snacking on this when I get hungry today, just a few bites here & there.
ALSO…my weight for the 4th week brings my total weight lost to 10.6 lbs! I’m not trying for more than 2 lbs a week, but if it happens, I’ll take it gladly!
Tomorrow I’m heading to the local Farmer’s Market for some fruits, veggies, & meat..I can’t wait!!