Today I made the most stellar lunch. I mean, the kind of lunch that you burn your tongue on because you simply can’t wait, you pause for a second, and decide it’s worth it so go back for a second burn. It was that good.
Spaghetti Squash Bake
- the contents of a baked and “harvested” spaghetti squash
- 2-4 meatballs
- 1/4 cup Italian 6-cheese mix (I used Kraft)
- 1/4 3 cheese blend (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (Trader Joe’s Basil Marinara)
- After your spaghetti squash is cooked (sliced length wise, placed face down on a lightly greased baking sheet, bake at 375 F for 35 minutes, fork out squash), place 1 cup in an oven save bowl (I used a medium souffle dish)
- Slice meatballs in half and place on top of spaghetti squash. Pour 1/2 cup sauce on top. Place cheese on top of sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly on edges.
I still had meatballs left over from last week and I made the spaghetti squash last night, so this was a super easy meal and super delicious!
550 calories // 23.5 g carbs
Yesterday I rested my sore hip, and surprise, surprise, it actually feels better today! Who knew that rest really could heal a semi-pseudo injury?? I feel silly, but am happy I am feeling better. I also had some good company as I read my book for my book club last night, my perpetually sleepy puppy:
Tonight I’m going to go on a 3.5-ish mi run, what I like to call an “errand” run. Our nearest bank is within walking/running distance, so when I have checks to deposit I just like to pack them up in plastic bags (so I don’t ruin them with my dripping sweat), put ’em in my arm-band-phone-holder-thing, and run to & from the ATM.
Saturday is the last “long run” before my half, just an 8-mi out and back on the course. I’m going to do it at night, though. The people running the race are nice enough to have a preview night, I love these!! It’s so good for me to see what I’m getting myself into! Then next week are easy, short runs & rest days until the Half Marathon, followed by a visit from my parents and many, many chances to cheat on my new low sugar lifestyle (which I will avoid with all my power….)
- DAY TWO: the discovery of spaghetti squash! (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)