Yum Yum Yum!! This is the best veggie (if you can even call it that) recipe I have made in a while. In fact, I liked it so much I decided to have a large serving and eat it for lunch today =)
Twice Baked Cauliflower (from soididitmyself)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken up into pieces, boiled 20-ish minutes
- 6 pieces bacon, Smithfield original, fried
- 1/2 cup sour cream, Trader Joe’s regular
- 4 oz cream cheese, Kroger brand, regular
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 4C brand
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 to 1 cup cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese blend, shredded (I used my favorite cheese blend, Trader Joe’s 3 Cheese Blend)
Mix it all together (you can mash the cauliflower however you want, I left mine kind of chunky), and then put it in a medium casserole dish (I used an 8×8, but honestly next time I might use a larger pan), top with shredded cheddar cheese & more bacon if you want (I want, want, want!!).
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until it’s slightly brown & bubbly. I probably could have baked mine longer, but I was on a break from work & wanted to walk the pooch before it was over!
Scoop & Enjoy!!
One serving (1/3 of dish) has the following nutrition:
Calories: 375 // Fat: 31.5 g // Cholesterol : 95mg // Sodium: 735 mg // Potassium: 320 // Carbohydrates: 8.5g // Fiber 2.5g // Sugar: 3.5 g // Protein 19g
Today I have been so not hungry at all. I don’t know what’s going on with me. Before this delicious lunch, I really only ate two pieces of bacon, an apple, and drank some tea & coffee. Yesterday I was ravenously hungry so I guess my body (brain) is evening things out. I’m okay with it! I’d rather not be hungry then be starving even after I over eat on my calories for the day…
Quick Update on Exercise:
- I am going to work on stretching my IT band with some stretches that I found on this awesome site!
- I’m going to focus more on shorter distance runs (3-5 mi), but run more frequently (5 x a week vs. 3-4 x a week).
- I also am going to finish out my tennis lessons into September and then start Yoga!! I’m so excited! I also might sign up for some Boot Camp Classes.
- I don’t plan on running any more half marathons until the Spring, so the only long runs I’ll be doing will be on Saturdays with Christian Runners. I really want to focus on losing all my weight and becoming a faster runner in the next few months!
This morning when I woke up to go running, I realized it’s still dark out at 6am and the amount of energy I’d spend worrying about getting abducted or harassed by some stranger in the dark is not worth getting up early to run. It’s almost fall, I can run in the afternoons/early evenings again soon…so for now I’ll either suck it up and run later at night (like today), or get up and run at the gym (ick — treadmills). No biggie. Starting today my running is back on track! I just took a 3 day rest period after my half marathon =)
- The Power of Cauliflower…. (recipesfortheravenous.com)