- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 packets Stevia in the Raw
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix eggs, applesauce, coconut milk, vanilla extract, honey, and Stevia together in a stand mixer. **I have tried other variations of the sweetener in this recipe, such as all Stevia, and all honey, and this is by far the best combination – taste wise!
- Add in bananas and cream cheese and mix on high for a few minutes.
- Mix together all dry ingredients and add 1 cup at a time to mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop 1 ice cream scoop full of mix into each slot. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when stuck in the center (I baked mine for 20 minutes and they are overdone!!)
I love banana bread. I also love cream cheese. So this recipe is perfect for me! These muffins taste wonderful and have no added sugar and are great with some peanut butter spread on them
Nutrition (In each muffin // out of 21 muffins)
107 calories // 5 g fat // 105 mg potassium // 13 g carbs // 2.5 g fiber // 5 g sugar // protein 3 g
I made this recipe with chocolate chips in them a few weeks ago, but I was always thinking “why did I add these chocolate chips? So not necessary!” So, I decided to try them without.
I’m always baking when it’s raining out. It’s like, my thing. It’s supposed to rain all week, so I’d better find some healthier recipes to make!
- A new day, a new low carb baking experience! (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Overnight Oats Round 2 & Chocolate Coconut Mousse (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)