This is turning into a food blog! It could also be an exercise blog (since that’s all my life seems to be these days, eat & exercise), but that’s not as exciting, now it is?
“Your Healthiest You Protein Pancakes” from HealthyCrush.com
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, French Vanilla Designer Whey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites + 1 full egg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Soak the chia seeds in Almond Milk for about 10 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a food processor, mix egg and egg whites in a separate bowl, add in all wet (including chia seeds & almond milk) ingredients to the food processor.
- Butter a pan and heat. Pour batter into pan and flatten a little, or you will have very thick pancakes! Cook pancakes until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes each side.
Makes 3 pancakes. Nutrition in all 3:
585 calories // 32 g fat // 38 g carbs // 13.5 g fiber // 6 g sugar // 49 g protein
This morning I woke up craving some protein pancakes and decided to try a new recipe. They turned out great! I added chia seeds for some extra fiber, and because recently I’ve just been adding them to everything possible!
These pancakes were a tiny bit dry, but nothing I couldn’t handle! I just sliced up half a banana and added a tablespoon of light syrup. The carbs are a little high on this one because of the banana and syrup, but the protein and fiber are so high I decided to just make it anyway! Glad I did!
Yesterday I ran 4 fast (for me!) miles, and it felt good. I’m not really one for hard work. I like running slow, taking my time, enjoying myself. It’s pretty much why I love running, because it’s okay that I’m slow. But yesterday I was in the mood to sweat. I started out doing 2 miles on the treadmill (10:30 avg pace) and moved outside (10:15 avg pace!) for my last 2. It felt great. I was so motivated that my first outdoor mile (very hilly the entire way) was done in only 9:45! I’m pretty sure that’s my fastest mile ever, let alone gong up a 1/2 mile hill, followed by small slopes for the next half mile. It felt good to go fast!
I’m pretty sure that the whole working hard thing is why I have always hated lifting weights. The hubs took me over to lift some weights Sunday and I hated every second of it (well, except for the warm-ups and the breaks in between…), but when I was done, I felt so good and so proud! It was a good feeling, and if it motivates me to work harder during my runs then that’s great!
Speaking of exercise — my whole ‘do some sort of exercise every day’ plan is going great! Tuesday was the only day I messed up, instead of actually running or lifting all I did was go on a 1.5 mi walk with the puppy. I had a book club meeting and just ran out of time. Whoops! But other then that day, I have worked out 5 out of the last 6 days! And I feel great!!
On Saturday morning I’ve volunteered to help out with a 5K/10K race called Celebrate Freedom. I only volunteered because it’s run by my two favorite organizations down here in Atlanta, 104.7 The Fish & Christian Runners. This is my first time volunteering for a race so I’m super excited about it! But…I started to second guess myself when I got the email saying I had to arrive no later then 5:30am. I really began to wonder what I had gotten myself into when I realized it’s a 45 minute drive from my house. Then they said they’d be giving out free Krispy Kreme donuts to the volunteers — WHAT?! I’m certainly going to avoid that donut tent like it’s the plague.
I am now updating this post for the third time, but I totally forgot to include a photo of the swag I got for filling out a survey a few weeks (months??) ago:
I’ve been filling out more surveys for free samples lately. RainingHotCoupons posts a lot, it’s super easy, and it’s so fun to get free stuff in the mail! This Dymatize one takes the cake though. I will totally use that bag and drink ware!!
So to recap this post:
- Protein Pancakes are a good breakfast food. Make them more!
- Running without a training plan is good for your soul (& heart & bones & lungs & brain & everything else!)
- Run fast sometimes! It actually won’t kill you like you think it will!
- Don’t volunteer for something until you know what ungodly hour they will be making you get up at!
- DAY EIGHTEEN: low carb pancakes are possible?! (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)