Today has been a super lazy Labor Day. I ran with the puppy to Starbucks this morning (~4 mi) and have since that time not left the house. Wait, not true, I left the house in an attempt to buy zucchini for my zucchini bread, but was forced to come home because of a flat tire! I guess I’m not meant to leave the house, except on foot, today.
As I wait for AAA to arrive & put on my full-size spare time (thank goodness for that suggestion last year from the last tire place), I decided to retaliate (against the world) and bake some Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. I’m so happy I only made half a batch, because as soon as I tasted the batter, I knew we were in trouble.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 13, 107 calories, 9 g carbs each
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1/4 cup honey (the recipe tells you to use maple syrup but i didn’t have any)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients one at a time.
- Mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips.
- Spoon out batter onto cookie sheet (I made mine medium-sized). The recipe says to flatten them out, I did with half of them and did not with the other half to see how they turned out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I cooked them for 8 because we like under-done cookies (and they are chewy and perfect!)
- Let them sit for 10 minutes & enjoy!
These cookies are just to die for!! The hubby said “how are these even paleo?!“. Ahhhh, brings a smile to my face. I love to bake, so of course I just love when recipes turn out well (especially after my last paleo cookie attempt, which we will not discuss here).
Now that my tire is fixed, I’m going to go buy my zucchini in preparation for my Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread I will make tomorrow night. I may or may not go with this recipe, simply because it uses all whole wheat flour and I’d love to use some of my coconut flour in there. I’m going to do some internet searches & see what I come up with!
Since I’m blogging about all these delicious Paleo treats lately, I should mention that I am not indulging in them too heavily — mostly this is just for fun & they are going into the freezer for another time. I am happy to say I am back down to my weight pre-parent visit weekend & am heading in the right direction on the scale now! Only 1.2 lbs til I reach the big (little for me!) 2-0-0!!
- Paleo Chocolate Zucchini bread (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- First try at Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Busy Saturday & Paleo Snickerdoodle Cookies (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)