Today I finally made the Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Sugar Free Mom I’ve been eying for a few days! It turned out great, super moist, super fudgey. It is not paleo, and not even that low carb, but it’s no sugar added!
The only problem is…I can’t get over the vanilla liquid Stevia taste. I have not tried other flavors, so it MAY just be the vanilla. But it gets me every time. I’ve tried a few recipes and it just doesn’t taste good to me. I know it’s not just Stevia, since I love baking with the Stevia powder. I just need to figure out if it’s all liquid flavors..but that costs money…lots of money…that i don’t have…
Onto the recipe!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Vanilla Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups white-whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Blend (or whatever it is a food processor does) grated zucchini in a food processor for about 30 seconds, or until it looks something like this:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all liquid ingredients with the zucchini. Add in mashed banana.
- Mix dry ingredients together and mix in. Mix in Chocolate Chips.
- Grease a bread pan with butter, coconut oil, whatever you wish! I used Canola Oil spray because it’s what I had on hand. Pour in batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean. We like things a little underdone in this house!
I cut the bread into 16 slices. I cut the loaf in half once, then into quarters, then into 8th’s, and then right down the middle. This bread is very thick and fudge-like. You will want a smaller piece! I thought I could eat 1/8 of the bread and was defeated!
Calories 165 c // Fat 7 g // Sodium 244 mg // Carbs 21g // Fiber 3g // Sugar 11 g // Protein 4g
I’m super happy with the results. It tastes good & looks good. Hubby didn’t like the banana taste (which I couldn’t even tell was in there!) and I did not like the Liquid Stevia taste. Needless to say, I will be tweaking this recipe a little more & posting later this month about it!
- Rainy Days – Low Carb Banana Muffins (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)