Yesterday and even Sunday I had great plans, but they were thwarted by my own tiredness (possible laziness?). I am knitting my sister-in-law a blanket and I am obsessed with re-watching Vampire Diaries Season #3 (don’t judge!), so I spent most of my free time Sunday on the couch doing that, and Monday after work I repeated it until Tennis lessons (and repeated after tennis lessons). YAY for two lazy rest days. Now, today, I am back to hard work (exercise wise — 5-6 mi on the plan for tonight, followed by lifting with the hubby) and (unfortunately) baking wise as well.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 packets Stevia in the Raw (or some other sweetener)
- 15 oz pumpkin
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, honey, vanilla extract, and sweetener together in a bowl. Add in eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in pumpkin. Add coconut flour and spices.
- Pour into muffin tins with or without liners, just make sure to spray them with cooking spray so they do not stick!
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. These muffins will turn out egg-like. They are moist and sort of spongy, but still good!
Makes 17 muffins. Nutrition for one muffin.
97 calories // 16 g fat // 3 g carbs // 3 g protein
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)