Today I woke up not feeling like a run at all (again)! I’ve got to get out of this funk I’m in. So I took the dog on a training walk (he’s an awful leash walker) and practiced being the pack leader (again). I recently was reading this article that helped me to realize I do everything I am not supposed to do in terms of being a pack leader. This puppy owns me, and now it’s time to change things around. It’s so hard when he’s just so darn cute!
After the puppy walk, I went for a 3 mi run. I’m glad I went out and did it! 10:18 average, which isn’t too bad considering all of this construction around my house had me cross the street over 10 times! Waiting for crosswalk signs is so annoying.
Last night I made Crock Pot Steel Cut Oats I adapted from HungryHungryHippie. I had a major fail last time with the Pumpkin Overnight Oats from SugarFreeMom (I will try these again in the near future, refuse to be defeated!), but these turned out okay!
And to top off my fall morning, I made myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte from the instant packets I bought on a whim the other week
Crock Pot Steel Cut Oats
adapted from HungryHungryHippie
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 apple, skinned and chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp cinnamon
- stevia to taste (I used 3 packets of Stevia in the Raw)
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray to keep it from sticking.
- Mix all ingredients together in a slow cooker, set on low heat, cook 7 hours.
- Serve with whatever toppings you want, the hubby chose whipped cream (weirdo) and I chose 1/2 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Mix and 1/8 cup dried fruit. Yum!
One serving is 1/4 of the crock pot, about 1 cup.
Nutrition (w/out toppings)
200 calories // 35 carbs // 6 g fiber // 7 g sugar // 7 g protein