Oh My GOSH. I made the most delicious Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies. They are soft and chewy and just delicious! I’ll post the recipe at the bottom of this post, but here is a picture to hold you over during my ramblings:
I had today off of work so I spent my day being a little homemaker-bunny rabbit, cleaning, cooking, and running errands. It was a great day and would have been better if I actually exercised!
Currently, I have a Healiter Mexican Taco Lasagna in the oven, which I got from Sugar Free Mom. I made a few adjustments and will post the recipe if it turns out good! All I know right now is that corn tortillas are so freaking good.
…and possibly a cookie in a mug (it’s chocolate Monday, what else do you expect?)
Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
from Maureen Fraîche
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup Domino Light
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp Domino Light, for rolling
- Mix first six ingredients (through baking soda) and set aside.
- Cream together butter, crisco and sugar.
- Beat in egg, water, and molasses.
- Mix in candied ginger. Line sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into balls and roll in sugar. Flatten onto cookie sheet with fingers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes on sheet, then cool on cookie sheet.
Nutrition (makes 30 cookies)
97 calories // 12 g carbs
**Ummm, just an FYI, these little babies are addicting. I may or may not have eaten 2.5 before I had to stop myself! Beware!!