Today was a rest day, so I spent my time off making a new dish for dinner!
Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off ends of potatoes. Poke multiple holes with a large fork. Bake sweet potatoes 45 minutes to 1 hour on a baking sheet, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine black beans, tomato, cumin, coriander, and salt in a medium sauce pan over medium heat for a few minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough, cut a slit lengthwise in the potato and press open to make a well in the center. Spoon in bean mixture and top with sour cream and cilantro.
309 calories // 7 g fat // 6 mg cholesterol // 492 mg sodium
52 g carbohydrates // 13 g fiber // 11 g protein // 1020 mg potassium