Yum, yum, yum , yum!! I’ve been eyeing this recipe for a few weeks, and one of my friends from my hometown was nice enough to send me her Baby Cakes Donut Maker so I wouldn’t have to buy my own!! It arrived yesterday and I just knew today would be the day I finally made this recipe.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup warm apple cider
2 tbsp butter (for dipping)
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (for dipping)*
1 tsp cinnamon (for dipping)**
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)**
*I used 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar and had way too much left over, so I suggest starting out with this amount of dipping sugar and making more if you need it! Coconut palm sugar is expensive!
**I LOVE pumpkin pie spice, which if you frequently visit my blog you are learning pretty quickly. You in no way have to use this spice, the original recipe calls for just cinnamon, which would be great too!
- Heat mini donut maker according to directions (or own personal experience). Since this wasn’t my donut maker, I used serious caution and read that owners manual front to back! Lots of useless information in there, let me tell you!
- Mix dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, honey, and coconut oil together.
- Combine the two, and add in warm apple cider until combined.
- Cook in the donut maker 2.5-3 minutes. Move to cooling rack.
- Melt butter and mix sugar and spices together.
- Dip in butter on both sides, then dip or sprinkle with spices. Let them cool (if you want, they are good warm to…)
Batter makes 12 mini donuts. Nutrition includes cinnamon sugar topping as well.
Calories : 85 // Fat : 5g // Carbs : 7 g // Fiber: 1.5 g