Crock Pot Steel Cut Oats
adapted from HungryHungryHippie
Nutrition (w/out toppings) – One serving is 1/4 of the crock pot, about 1 cup.
200 calories // 35 carbs // 6 g fiber // 7 g sugar // 7 g protein
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 apple, skinned and chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp cinnamon
- stevia to taste (I used 3 packets of Stevia in the Raw)
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray to keep it from sticking.
- Mix all ingredients together in a slow cooker, set on low heat, cook 7 hours.
- Serve with whatever toppings you want, the hubby chose whipped cream (weirdo) and I chose 1/2 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Mix and 1/8 cup dried fruit. Yum!