Greek Yogurt Pancakes *more low carb pancakes! woo hoo!
makes 6 large pancakes or 8-9 small (2 servings)
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 8 oz vanilla greek yogurt (or other flavor, banana is a great option!)
- two packets splenda
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons skim milk (or milk substitute)
- Mix the flours, flax, baking soda, splenda and salt together
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Mix the greek yogurt into the dry ingredients and stir in egg mixture.**
- Bake in a pan or on a griddle-type-pan (is that what they are called? griddles?), but beware, these pancakes spread!! whoops!
- Bake a few minutes on each side.
**The batter was a little thick so I added a tiny bit of fat free half and half to it and it was perfect.
I was also skeptical that I would stay full, but boy was I wrong! I wasn’t hungry for at least 6 hours afterwards! AND they heated up well for breakfast this morning.
Nutrition (for 3 pancakes, half of the batch)
*nutrition includes use of Splenda
291 calories // 14 g fat // 2 g saturated fat // 188 mg cholesterol // 1044 mg sodium // 265 mg potassium // 21.5 g carbs // 3.5 g fiber // 12.5 g sugar // 22 g protein
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes & an Unexpected Day Off of Work (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes (drivefitnessco.com)
- High Protein Pancakes (createwholehealth.com)