Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 ripe banans, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (my new obsession!)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I increased the milk because the coconut flour can make things a little dry; the package actually says it “absorbs some liquid while it bakes” so you should add an equal amount extra liquid – in this case coconut milk – to your recipe)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 packets Stevia in the Raw
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter muffin pan (I used a regular size muffin pan, recipe made 21 medium to large sized muffins, could have made 24+ smaller-sized regular muffins)
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla extract, coconut milk, applesauce, honey, and Stevia.
- Add cream cheese and bananas until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix whole wheat flour, coconut flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add dry mix into the wet mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check if they are done, if not, bake another 5 or so minutes (when my pan was full of 12 muffins, they needed 25 minutes. When I only had 9, they finished baking in 20 min)
135 calories, 18 g carbs each — if your mix makes 21 muffins like mine — and pure wonderful!
*without chocolate chips — 95 calories // 13 g carbs each (21 muffins)