Oatmeal, Flax & Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 1/3 cup oatmeal, ground into flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (too much cinnamon gives me heartburn, so this is my alternative!)
- 1 packet splenda, or your favorite sweetener!
- 1/4 cup eggstirs (from Publix) or eggbeaters
- 1/3 cup Chobani greek yogurt, any flavor, I used vanilla
- 1/4 cup skim milk or your favorite milk alternative!
- Grind up oatmeal in a food processor until flour-like consistency.
- Mix dry ingredients together until combined.
- Mix in egg substitute, yogurt, and milk until blended.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side on a griddle pan set to medium heat (I use heat setting 5)
Nutrition – 266 calories (for entire batch – 3 pancakes!)
*if you add peanut butter, sugar free syrup & 1/2 banana, you need to add those calories into your handy dandy little calorie counter as well!
**do you guys like the nutrition in a box like this, or written out like usual?!
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes & an Unexpected Day Off of Work (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (foodaddictandfitnessfanatic.wordpress.com)