“As Paleo as Brownies Can Be” Brownies
adapted from Elena’sPantry
- 8 oz (half a jar) of almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2-4 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Mix almond butter with a hand-held mixer on medium speed. Add in egg, honey, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Mix together cocoa, salt, baking soda. Add into wet ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Pour half of batter into pan. Add drops of peanut butter. Drop remaining batter in by spoonfuls. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. DO NOT BAKE LONGER, they get cakey if you do. They won’t seem done, but they are!! Especially if you put PB in them, they will seem very gooey in the middle.
Nutrition (for entire batch, calculate as you may depending on size, I cut these into 12 bars)
2573 calories // 168 g fat // 29 g saturated fat // 185 mg cholesterol // 1850 mg sodium // 220 mg potassium // 259 g carbs // 29 g fiber // 211 sugar // 73 g protein