Black Bean Brownies
adapted from Minimalist Baker (I LOVE HER RECIPES – but they are in no way low sugar, FYI)
Makes 14-18 brownie bites
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or other type)
- Optional Toppings: chopped Walnuts, pecans chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 12-count regular size muffin tin.
- Puree black beans through baking powder in a food processor for about 3 minutes, scraping down sides, you want this very smooth!
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into cupcake pan. Fill about 1/3-1/2 of the way full (makes about 16 brownies). Sprinkle on additional toppings.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let them cool 30 minutes, then remove from pan and cool entirely before refrigerating or freezing (they are so good frozen!)
- Store in an airtight container for a few days, or freeze for longer storage.
A vegan alternative recipe can be found at MINIMALIST BAKER.
Nutrition: I wrote down the nutrition somewhere for this recipe and I lost it. I will get back to you on this!