from Elana’s Pantry
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp shortening
- 3 tsp extra finely ground coffee
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup blonde coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan with butter.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. When almost melted, add shortening, melt. Mix in ground coffee and remove from heat.
- Mix in eggs, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, and sea salt with a handheld mixer.
- Mix in almond flour and coconut flour until combined. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon! There will be chocolate left down there that the mixer didn’t get.
- Poor into greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and cool for 1 hour before eating.
2560 calories // 290 carbs (total recipe)
I split this recipe into 16 pieces, which is : 160 cal // 18 carbs per brownie
Oh my gosh. This satisfied my sweet tooth to no end. These brownies are moist, chocolately, and delicious. Next time though, I will make them in a 9×13 pan for a flatter brownie. These are about 3″ x 2″ when you cut them up. I’d like a…5″ x 1″ brownie next time! These will be going in the freezer to be nibbled on occasionally for sure! =)