Ingredients *I literally chose these ingredients because I had them in the cupboard. You can sub in whatever you’d like, that’s the best part of this recipe! The base ingredients are bold (sweeteners and help them stick together)
- 4 cups quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup dried fruit
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate covered pretzels
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (these are totally optional, I just love Chia Seeds)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet (or two, if you want thinner bars) with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper.
- Melt butter and almond butter together (about 1-1 1/2 minutes).
- Mix in honey and vanilla extract.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar, chia seeds, nuts, dired fruit,chocolate, pretzels, and sunflower seeds together.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together until crumbly. Spread and press onto parchment lined pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees if using one pan, 15 minutes at 350 degrees if using two pans
- Let cook 15 minutes on wire rack, cut into bars, let cool completely before storing.
Makes 20-40 bars, depending on how big you’d like them and if you make them using one or two sheets
Approximate (this can change drastically depending on brands and which nuts/seeds you use)
Nutrition for ENTIRE RECIPE
4610 calores // 249 g fat // 244 mg cholesterol // 459 mg sodium // 740 mg potassium // 572 g carbs // 73 g fiber // 282 g sugar // 84 g protein
IF you make your bars the size of Quaker-ish bars (a little thicker and a tiny bit larger), then you get about 24, and the nutrition is…
192 calories // 10.5 g fat // 10 mg cholesterol // 19 mg sodium // 30 mg potassium // 22.5 g carbs // 3 g fiber // 12 g sugar // 3.5 g protein
- Homemade Oat Granola Bars (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)