My recipe made 15 cookies: 120 calories // 7.5 carbs each
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 oz crystalized ginger (or in my case, uncrystalized candied ginger from Trader Joe’s), cut up into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with handheld or stand mixer. The dough will be thick! That’s okay!
- Use a cookie scoop or teaspoon and place rounded balls of dough on the sheet. Flatten them out! There is no baking soda or powder in the dough, so they will not change from the shape you make them. I made mine too thick. Make them thinner so they bake quicker & are ‘snaps’ instead of crumbly messes!
- Let them cook completely before inhaling.
The taste of these cookies is stellar. They are very crumbly though, which I think is because I made them too thick. I’ll be trying them again much thinner in the near future!
- A Lazy Labor Day & (surprise, surprise!) a new Paleo Cookie Attempt! (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Busy Saturday & Paleo Snickerdoodle Cookies (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)