- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs OR panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 4 slices deli ham
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- tooth picks
- bacon grease, butter, or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set up a dredging station by whisking the egg, half and half and mustard together in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper. In a second wide, shallow dish combine bread crumbs and almond meal together.
- Season the chicken cutlets lightly on each side with salt and pepper. Place a slice each of swiss and ham (trim to fit the cutlet, if needed) over top and roll up beginning from the smallest end of the chicken. Secure with a toothpick or two. Repeat until they are all rolled up. Dredge one at a time by dipping into the egg and then into the bread crumbs using your hands to pat the crumbs on.
- Place in lightly greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken.
325 calories // 8 carbs (for half a chicken breast)