- 1 lb chicken sausage, any flavor (my favorites are roasted garlic and spicy jalapeno from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 9 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag raw spinach
- If uncooked, cook chicken sausage until done, slice.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan used to cook the sausage. Add in onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, tossing every 30 seconds.
- Add in mushrooms and sauté for 5 additional minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add chicken sausage and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Mix in spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice!
Nutrition (depending on your chicken sausage, but mine were from Trader Joe’s, 100 calories a sausage)
**Nutrition is for TOTAL dish, easily 2 or 3 servings
792 calories // 44 g fat // 12 g saturated fat // 275 mg cholesterol // 2166 mg sodium // 182 g potassium // 36 g carbs // 11 g fiber // 7 g sugar // 72 g protein
- Chicken Sausage Tonight (ariennejuliano.wordpress.com)