LSLCLR Ground Chicken Chili
*sorry for the lack of a picture, wasn’t feelin’ the photo shoot tonight
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 pork sausages, casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4-6 oz mushrooms, coarsely chopped *I had these in the fridge so I thew ‘em in the mix
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained (all they had at the store was reduced sodium, so that’s what I used)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (I used Hunts fire roasted)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce, any flavor
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- about 1/2 tsp salt (more if you like things salty)
- Cook ground chicken and pork sausage in a large pan until almost done; drain and return to stovetop. Add in garlic, onion, red pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and spices to a slow cooker set on high. Mix in beef and veggies after they are done cooking.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours or low 5 hours, or until done. Serve with something delicious like sour cream, cheddar cheese, or cornbread if you aren’t eating low carb (and of course a side salad)!
Nutrition (makes 7- 1.5 cup servings)
*this does NOT include any added salt
Calories 304 // Total Fat 8.5 g // Saturated Fat 2 g // Cholesterol 53 mg // Potassium 1030 mg // Sodium 704 mg // Carbs 35 g // Fiber 11 g // Sugar 9 g // Protein 24 g