- 8 oz cream cheese (full of fat kind – at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- some fresh ground black pepper (i twisted the grinding mechanism about 20 times)
- some garlic powder (~1/2 tsp)
- some onion powder (~1/2 tsp)
After you’ve mixed all of that goodness, butter a 9×13 pan real good and poor the “dough” in. Bake 17 minutes at 350 degrees F (make sure the edges are browned). After that, let it cool 10 minutes (they emphasize letting it cook completely, I’m not sure why but I listened and it worked out great!)
After the dough is cooled, add 1/2 cup of the sauce of your choice (Trader Joe’s marinara for us + whatever seasonings you want; I used more garlic powder, basil, parsley and oregano), 1 cup mozzarella (more if you are a cheese lover, but 1 cup was good), and toppings (I used regular pepperonis). Bake it for another 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F or until the cheese is melted. Yum!!!
1/3 this recipe = 510 calories and 4.5 carbs, but it will vary with whatever you choose to add on!
Tips for cooking the perfect No Carb Pizza
- Do not overcook this pizza, no matter how tempted you are to brown the crust a little more. it burns on the bottom!
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing the crust! Other wise it’s clumpy and isn’t as nice when the pizza it cooked.
- Less cheese is better. I put extra mozzarella on the second time I made this and it was too much with the cheesy crust.
- BUTTER THE PAN REALLY WELL!!
- Make sure you loosen up the edges before trying to get the pizza out of the pan. It does stick a little!