- 2 large portabella caps
- 1/4-1/2 cup marinara (we used Whole Foods Marinara)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or other Italian cheese
- 10-ish pepperoni
- 1 slice deli ham, thick cut, chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bake Portabella Caps on a baking sheet for 5 minutes @ 350°F. I was unsure whether to bake them with the top of the mushroom up or down, but I don’t think it really matters. I baked them top up, since I figured they’d be top down for the rest of the cooking.
- Fill the inside of the mushroom with sauce & ham. Top with cheese & pepperoni. Bake for another 20 minutes. Ours looked something like this:
275 calories // 13 g carbs each
Beware! These leak juices like crazy. I’m not sure if it was just the sauce we used, or the actual mushroom (I think it was partially the mushroom, partially the pepperoni), but I had to use a paper towel to sop up the liquid twice so it didn’t drain into the oven. Use a pan with sides!!