Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
from the Food Network
makes 4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small pieces and well done (in a pot of water, cooked about 15 minutes, or until boiling and an additional 6 minutes)
- 2 tbsp softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp pressed garlic (the hubby loved this much garlic but i would have used a little less for my personal tastes)
- 1/8 tsp chicken boullion
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped chives (optional)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (optional)
- Drain the cooked cauliflower and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, bouillon, and pepper together in a stand mixer. Add in cauliflower bit by bit until mixed.
- Serve with chives (the more the merrier!) and butter (optional, and totally unnecessary)
Nutrition (including butter)
149 calories // 11.5 g fat // 7 g saturated fat // 5 g protein // 8 g carbs // 4 g sugar // 4 g fiber // 31 mg cholesterol // 170 mg sodium