- 1 head cauliflower, broken up into pieces, boiled 20-ish minutes *UPDATE: I tried boiling this using the method where you keep the whole head together, I boiled it almost 30 minutes and it was still not done completely. I recommend not being a lazy A like me, and just cutting the thing up before sticking it in the pot to boil!
- 6 pieces bacon, original, fried
- 1/2 cup sour cream, Trader Joe’s brand, regular
- 4 oz cream cheese, Kroger brand, regular
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 4C brand
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 to 1 cup cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese blend, shredded (I used my favorite cheese blend, Trader Joe’s 3 Cheese Blend)
- Mix it all together (you can mash the cauliflower however you want, I left mine kind of chunky) *UPDATE: I have tried using a potato masher and I was very unhappy with the results. I will stick to using a fork to smash it!
- Place in 8×8 or 9×13 pan, top with shredded cheddar cheese & more bacon if you want (I want, want, want!!).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until it’s slightly brown & bubbly (I probably could have baked mine longer, but I was on a break from work & wanted to walk the pooch before it was over)
- Scoop & Enjoy!!
I was really interested in the nutrition of this dish, so using all the ingredients I used, here are the stats. This is for 1/3 of the recipe, which I considered 1 serving. Enjoy! =)
Calories: 375 // Fat: 31.5 g // Cholesterol: 95mg // Sodium: 735 mg // Potassium: 320 // Carbohydrates: 8.5g // Fiber: 2.5 // Sugar: 3.5 // Protein: 19g
- Twice Baked Cauliflower & running plan (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Cauliflower…. (recipesfortheravenous.com)