I had the most amazing Oatmeal, Flax, & Greek Yogurt pancakes yesterday. I swear, I have no desire to eat regular pancakes anymore with all these amazing greek yogurt pancake recipes floating around the web! I went to Bob Evan’s in early February with some friends and asked for multigrain pancakes. They were out, so I just said give me the buttermilk, that’s fine. WOW. Those things were BORING and FLAVORLESS and did not keep me full at all! I am totally converted. ….but more on this stellar recipe later.
Calvin tried really, really hard to get me to skip the gym yesterday afternoon. He insisted that soaking up vitamin D was way more important, so this is how he spent his afternoon:
2:30pm – “Sunbathing is good for you. Running is not.” -Calvin, The Great Lazy Sun Beast
And again, right before the gym, he tried some more:
4:30pm – “You’re going to miss out if you don’t cuddle in the sunbeam with me instead, I mean it, Mom! Don’t go!” – Calvin, the Master Cuddler
I avoided eye contact with him while getting ready for the gym and was able to sneak out without anymore “I’m more fun then the gym” puppy looks.
I’m really glad I went, but I also really, really hope the aches and pains I felt while running my 4.5 miles on the treadmill were just from this psuedo-illness. I was having a hard time running under a 11 minute mile, and today (3rd day in a row!) I’ve got aches and pains in my back and neck.
I’d love to run outside, but my teen drama shows (Ethan, Emma, Elena, Damon, Spencer, Toby…darn you all!) keep calling my name. Thank you CW & ABC family for ruining my desire to run outside. These iphone TV apps are like candy to this YA fan!
I’ve had a major decline (like, a huge decline) of my miles this month.
I swear, every time I travel…I run less! I’ve gotten better at continuing to do exercise (classes at the gym, long walks, yoga) while out of town, but my running takes a hit every time I leave home.
As you can probably tell, I traveled the most in October, November, and February.
It’s pretty ridiculous. Does anyone else have trouble running when they’re away from home? Do you have any suggestions for this lazy runner to get her butt in gear? I’ll never be able to successfully train for a marathon (end goal) if I don’t run while traveling!
Oatmeal, Flax & Greek Yogurt Pancakes
My exact ingredients and calorie count.
- 1/3 cup oatmeal, ground into flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (too much cinnamon gives me heartburn, so this is my alternative!)
- 1 packet splenda, or your favorite sweetener!
- 1/4 cup eggstirs (from Publix) or eggbeaters
- 1/3 cup Chobani greek yogurt, any flavor, I used vanilla
- 1/4 cup skim milk or your favorite milk alternative!
- Grind up oatmeal in a food processor until flour-like consistency.
- Mix dry ingredients together until combined.
- Mix in egg substitute, yogurt, and milk until blended.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side on a griddle pan set to medium heat (I use heat setting 5)
Nutrition – 266 calories (for entire batch – 3 pancakes!)
*if you add peanut butter, sugar free syrup & 1/2 banana, you need to add those calories into your handy dandy little calorie counter as well!
*these pancakes are amazing, filling, easy, nutritious…i just can’t get enough. i think i’m in love.
**do you guys like the nutrition in a box like this, or written out like usual?!
Have a wonderful day!
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes & an Unexpected Day Off of Work (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (foodaddictandfitnessfanatic.wordpress.com)